My job as editor of PPC magazine and writer/producer of the Pro On the Go video series takes me all over the U.S. and Canada to interview paint company owners and photograph their projects. Here are a few samples.
Condominium, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- World’s Largest Theater Restoration Project (w/video)
- Pier Pressure: The Multiple Challenges of Painting the Seattle Aquarium (w/video)
- Nick Slavik Painting: A Classic Minnesota Northwoods Cabin (w/video)
- From Blah to Bold: A Corporate HQ Painted to Look Like a Classic Mustang
- Making a Splash: Creating A Showcase Office Space on the Vancouver Waterfront
- Defeating Graffiti: Restoring the World’s Largest Termite
- Talk of the Town: Historic Restoration Project Inspires an Illinois Community
- Rebirth: Faubourg Lafitte is Colorful Post-Katrina Addition to New Orleans Housing
- Paint it Forward: The Value of Community Service Marketing
Mike Starling earned his journalism stripes over a 20+year career working for newspapers, magazines, radio and TV. Since May 2000, he has been a senior editor at Northbrook Publishing, where he serves as the editor of PPC magazine and the CommercialPro newsletter. He is also the writer/producer of the Pro On the Go video series and editorial director of the bilingual trade magazine Pintor Pro. See more of his work at mikestarling.com. State Theatre photo ©Ken Blaze. Starling on assignment in Ireland photo by Jeff Winke. All other photos on this page by Mike Starling for PPC magazine. All rights reserved.